My husband and I wanted to have a nice but quite uncommon motif so we decided on a non-balloon Pantone themed party.
Digging into the details of the invitations, the design concept was made-up of paint brush strokes and colorful fonts. Flipping through the back of the envelope are splashes of paint sealing the whole package with a die cut paintbrush.
Guests arriving were given escort cards leading to their respective table numbers that were made to portray like paint swatches. Upon entering, one can notice that the whole venue was dressed up with colorful chevron patterns with paint sample wall that were used as backdrops. Pompoms and fabric chevron buntings were hung from the ceiling as accents to the colorful environment.
Our birthday boy had his little corner with big painted letters of his name, his first toy, first shoes, first book etc., and a big canvass print of his “smash the cake” photo that matched the theme quite nicely.
Next to it was his “watch me grow” gallery where photos of him from newborn to 11 months were printed on a canvass and placed on mini easels, displayed nicely on a table with nice abstract linen. They sat nicely together with an artist’s apron with Tyler’s name and no. “1” written on it, an artist’s palette and brush and some acrylic colors in tubes, and a fun facts board about the celebrant’s birth date.
Another corner was the dessert bar overflowing with candies and sweets for our sweet tooth guests. Our stylist used crayon coin banks with text “DJENT TYLER TURNS ONE” and hung it just above the sweets bar and styled the table with interesting items. He even used a big paint can with colorful frosting drippings as a cake stand.
Other ideas/details include:
1. Cotton candies wrapped on drum sticks which added colors to the dessert table
2. Hand painted menu and food labels that matched the invitation
3. Tyler’s milestone board, welcome signage at the door
4. Black and white canvass print where the guests wrote their birthday greetings and wishes for the celebrant.
4. Centerpieces which comprised of mini cupcakes with colorful frostings placed on a wooden palette with some frostings smudge, handmade paper flower placed on aluminun can, giant letter “T” wrapped in a colorful paper, & coloring pens and pencils in aluminum can with a box wrapped in abstract linen, and colorful paper as napkin rings.
5. Instagram game signage, drink labels, and round bag tag for kids that matches the invitation.
6. Fridge magnet cum bottle opener favor with die cut paintbrush as favor tag and colorful straws with flags.
6. The cake with a spilling colorful paint can topper and coloring pencils on the side
7. DIY punch the prize color palette (Photo by: Gideon Hermosa)
8. Chevron bags as take out bags for the dessert goodies
9. Face painting for kids
10. Scroll down to see the photos and check out the list of the people who made this party truly fun and memorable
With that, we would like to thank everyone again who helped us made our son’s 1st birthday soooo fun and memorable we’re truly blessed with great friends and we’re so happy with all the suppliers we chose to be a part of this special celebration
Concept: BB Tyler’s Mom and Dad
PERKS OF HAVING A GREAT PHOTOGRAPHER FRIENDS :)
Photo credits: Gio Diaz, Darwin Lucena, Bong Llagas, Renn Rementilla, Anjella Valino, Gideon Hermosa
Videographer: Jon Marc Degaños of Two Folds
Photo Prints: Renn Rementilla of Walls and Frames
TALENTED FRIENDS :)
Host: Sonjel Enmacino
Sound System: Ryan Enriquez
AND BROTHER-IN-LAW :)
Smash the cake photo: Oliver Soliva
HAPPY TO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION BY CHOOSING THESE SUPPLIERS
Event Stylist: Gideon Hermosa of The Events Studio (special mention to Wesley Dela Cruz and Karen for the job well done) Gids, I can’t get enough of your talent and passion. Thanks for exceeding our expectation and for being at your best in every event that you do. You’re such a treasure in your industry. keep it up cheers! :)
Kids’ Canvass Painting Favor: c/o Gideon Hermosa
Venue/Caterer: Eunice Muyot and Daion Lim and team of Outback Steakhouse Singapore. You guys were so accomodating and patient in all our needs and requests and we’re truly grateful. Thanks for all your help and support. We love how service-oriented you are and how you value your clients We’ll surely recommend you :)
Invitations, Straws with flags, Food labels, IG signage, Dessert bar signage, Fun facts signage, Cupcake toppers, Favor tags, Name Tags – Jill of Inkand Scissors Thanks Jill for sharing your talent. You’re one of my favorite supplier discoveries because of your great work but pocket friendly prices
Fridge Magnet cum Bottle Opener Favor/Bag Tags for Kids: Jill of Inkand Scissors
Cake: Cake Avenue Singapore Always a “suki” of this cake supplier They sure have great bakers and cake artists. My husband is not a “cake” person but if I serve cake from Cake Avenue, he’ll eat it like a lil’ kid :)
Face Painting: Alethea of Party Parlour Singapore Thanks too, Alethea for sharing your talent. I wish we also had time to get our face painted. Oh well, next time! I’ll surely get you again in my next event Love your work :)
Cotton Candies: Candy House Singapore Also a “suki” of this supplier. accomodating and he gave me a surprise discount in my last order :)
LABOR OF LOVE
Homemade Polvoron and Chocolate Crinkles for the dessert bar: BB Tyler’s Grandmothers, meymey and loli
DIY and Support Team: Gladys Landicho, Aprille Rementilla, Rose Llagas, Katrina Delos Reyes, Efren Delos Reyes, Anjella Valino, Sonjel Enmacino, Jon Marc Deganos, Gio Diaz, Abcd Gonzales, Frank De Leon, Mitzi De Leon
Extended Help: Deoanna Bitong, Boyet Alfonso, Debbie Corpus, Jerry Corpus
Thanks everyone! You guys are all amazing Big hugs and kisses to you all :)